Help people to help themselves
The people, teams or organisation wish to enhance their capacity to use coaching as a development tool.
Great coaching is not a black art that needs someone to be qualified in the latest expensive management techniques. Great coaches simply ask questions that help the person look at things from a new direction and discover any hidden roadblocks. The 7Cs framework is a proven model that can help people coach others and help manage sustainable personal change.
- To help delegates understand the 7Cs framework as a simple process framework.
- To build on the 7Cs of Consulting framework and understand how it applies to a coaching role.
- To allow delegates to practice coaching in a safe environment before applying their skills in the workplace.
At the end of the event the delegate will:
- Understand how the 7Cs framework can be used as an effective coaching tool.
- Understand the nature of a coaching relationship and the responsibilities associated with helping someone to help themselves.
- Be able to undertake a 15-minute coaching exercise and give feedback to a client on how they might be able to help.
For practical and sustainable outcomes to be achieved, and to ensure a return on investment, the delegate should be in a position to practice and apply learning once back at the work place.
No prior experience of coaching is necessary.
The delegate should bring a notepad and two personal examples of things they are happy to be coached on.
The course is highly facilitative. No formal handouts are given and participants will be expected to take their own notes at the event. Further information on the content can be found in the 7Cs of Coaching book published by Pearson.
Start at 9.15am and ends by 5pm. This includes two short comfort breaks and a 45 min lunch break
- 7Cs of Coaching framework
- The Coaching Continuum